Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Leek and potato curry soup




Yields 6 portions

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 yellow onions, diced
3 leeks, only one inch of the white part, sliced
1 clove of garlic, diced
1 Tbsp powder curry
3 Cups vegetable broth or water
4 red potatoes (1 lb) peeled and thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
3 cups of milk
2 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped 

Preparation:

1. Fry the onions and leeks in butter until starting to get soft, around 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and curry, cook 10 minutes until soft.
3. Add vegetable broth or water, potatoes and salt. Cover and let boiling until potatoes are soft, around 20 minutes.
4. Add milk and and stir well.
5. Blend at high speed until smooth. If it is too thick add more milk. 
6. Cool for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
7. Salt and pepper to taste, serve in cups, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.

Notes:

Sometimes I don’t follow the recipe exactly, I use recipes for inspiration but I like to share the original so you see where I come from. I use what I have in my cupboard and fridge. I used olive oil, half of white onion, 2 tsps of curry (I went easy on curry, too strong for my taste), golden potatoes, almond cheese instead of cow milk and parsley instead of chives. I served it warm instead of cold and it was delicious. 

Source:

Vegetarian Food
Willimas-Sonoma
Spanish Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment